Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bus alive

As an unexperienced driver, I find myself using the public transports a lot of times. Not that I mind, because to be honest I do enjoy it, it makes me feel closer to people and I get the chance to learn more from them. I do love to watch people, their attitudes, their style, clothes, gestures, posture, everything is fascinating to me. I don't stare, I just stay there and observe, and I can do this for hours. That's why I don't mind to ride a bus or catch a train. I love it.

Today I had to get two bus to my final destination and oh boy, they we're different. The first I caught, the journey was longer and I found it very quite, not many conversations around, sudden movements, no funny smell's or music. Then I got the city bus, in this one, the bus seemed alive. Youngster's coming in and out, music playing, bags of Mcdonalds and that characteristic smell of chips and pickles in the air. There were different conversations in, side by side or shouting to longer seats. Different atmosphere, distinguished livings.

I loved it.. I spent my entire time listening to some music and watching, mainly people but I also look at what was going on outside the window.

Connecting with other human beings it's wonderfull, even if you don't know them. A simple cross of looks get someone closer. Today I didn't cross my look with anyone but I sow some intereaction between strangers, so nice. It made me realise that for lonely people, maybe that one second conection can make some one happy for that day, a simple look, a simple smile...

No comments: